Monday, June 7, 2010

Crafty

I was hoping to post pictures of the new furniture in the living room. Alas, the fact that I'm not fluent in German yet has created a bit of a problem. I thought for sure we'd asked for assembly but apparently it was lost in translation.

There's not much to actually assemble except for putting the decorative top and bottom on one cabinet and all the drawer pulls and such. We also need to move the sofa back a bit so maybe tomorrow.

I think I've mentioned before that my part time job is at the craft shop on post. I scheduled a tote bag class for September. I needed a few extra hours on my time sheet (I'm required to work 20 hours per week) so today I spent time making the sample tote bag to display in the shop. It turned out pretty good.


It's a new pattern and the first time I made this particular bag. Luckily I've had some experience because there at the end, the pattern kinda left me hanging. I made it work and made notes so I could recreate it when I'm teaching the class.

So, now time to turn my focus to writerly pursuits. Hope you all are having a great day!

8 comments:

Heather said...

Very cute!

Lisa Alexander-Griffin said...

Very pretty!

Nancy Lee Badger said...

Looks a little like the stars and stripes and considering you are a displaced American, it works. It looks Great!

Gale Stanley said...

Love the tote! Wish I could take your class.

Jeannene Walker said...

Love the bag!

katsrus said...

That is so pretty. My mom could sew up a storm. Not me. I am sew uncordinated. LOL.
Sue B

Jackie said...

Love the bag...really cute!

Carly Carson said...

That bag is really cute!! I can't do stuff like that at all.

Post a Comment