Thursday, June 3, 2010

Good news

Yesterday was a gray, rainy day here in Bavaria. Typical weather for this time of year. I find I don't mind the rain here so much. It's more of a soft, constant thing, and as long as I have an umbrella or a rain coat, I'm fine with that. I could use some sunlight though. I love it when the sun shines while it's raining. I know, I'm weird.

I also worked all day at the part time yesterday. It was rather slow, so I pulled out the study guide and text book for my computer class about 2:30 (shh, don't tell my boss) and worked on that in between customers. I was able to take my chapter 4 quiz last night after I got home. I'm hoping to knock out chapter 5 today and chapter 6 and the mid-term this weekend. The class ends July 2 but I'm hoping to finish up early. Then I just need one more class before I can apply for graduation. Woohoo!

Speaking of classes, I got my final grade for the philosophy class, Introduction to World Religions, yesterday. I keep a close eye on my scores so I knew what my grade would be, but still, it was nice to see the 'A' listed as final grade.

I got another bit of good news yesterday. Remember a couple of months ago when I mentioned that we bought furniture for the living room? It will be delivered on Monday morning! I'm so happy about that. I can't wait to see everything in place. All we'll be missing in there now will be the pictures on the wall. I guess I need to get into the frame shop and get to work getting them framed. Of course, I'll post pictures.

Last but not least, the letter that the attorney was supposed to send to my landlord finally went out. We got our copy in the mail yesterday, so that means he got his yesterday as well. It basically says that he needs to show up at the attorney's office with all the documentation that she asked for by a certain date or we'll be taking him to court.

So, there's my news for the day. I'm off to order shoes for national conference before I settle down with OOTS and get busy. I love dressing up but I hate heels. Hopefully the ones I found will be wearable for an evening.

5 comments:

Gale Stanley said...

I'm always happy to hear good news. Glad things are going well. Hope you'll share some pics when the furniture arrives.

Jeannene Walker said...

Glad to hear all the great reports. Hang in there with the weather. Summer is a nice, not too hot and sunny.

Rachel Lynne said...

Good job on the A! Always nice to see your hard work paid off :)
I can't wait to see your pics when all the furniture arrives!

Email me about conference; I'm interested to hear what type of "business casual" you are taking and what the heck do I wear to the awards dinner?!

Riley Quinn said...

Definitely will have pics. Since I've started this blog, I take pics of everything. People look at me weird in the restaurants when I take a picture of my food.

Thanks for the good wishes.

Mary Ricksen said...

Good news should always be shared.

Post a Comment