Thursday, June 17, 2010

First Step Part 2


If you remember, at the beginning of this month I told you about the First Step Contest being run by Savvy Authors and my participation in it.

The first part included submitting the first line of my manuscript. I chose to use Out of the Shadows since that is what I've been working so hard on lately. I shared my sentence here and asked you to vote for me if you liked it or to vote for another if you didn't.

I'm pleased to announce that I advanced onto the next round. For those of you that voted for me, you have my sincere and heartfelt thanks.

Part 2 of this contest consisted of sending in a 3-line pitch not to exceed 250 words. For those of you that write, you know how difficult that can be. Fortunately for me, I had some wonderful friends help me get my pitch ready. Thank you Stacey, Rachel, Denise and Calisa!

So here's the part where I beg, I mean ask, for your help again. I would love for you vote for my pitch, but again, if it's not your thing, please go to the site and vote for one that is. I know your vote will be appreciated. My pitch is about halfway down and reads like this:

After two failed kidnap attempts on fire witch, Belle Webster, she's assigned a bodyguard, wolf shifter, Gabe Mitchell, and he's having a hard time remembering why he shouldn't take a mate every time he gets a whiff of her delectable scent. Floored by her attraction to her bodyguard, and shocked to discover her role in the Shadow Prophecy, Belle concentrates on finding her abducted sister. She soon realizes that fighting off her attackers and rescuing her sister is just a warm-up to the standoff against Belial, the Chief of Devils.

The link to vote is First Step Contest. Again, thank you for your support.

1 comments:

YzhaBella's BookShelf said...

voted!!! good luck!

Post a Comment