Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Got Suspense?


I know I've mentioned my novella, Blood Diamond, here a few times. If you remember, I wrote it for a special submission call that The Wild Rose Press had called Jewels of the Night.

What you may not know is that those manuscripts in by March 31 and given a contract were entered into a drawing. The winner's story would launch the series this fall and they would get extra promo and other fun stuff. The drawing was last night during the Happy Hour Chat at Wild Rose.

This chat takes place at 9pm EST. You all know I live in Germany, which puts me about 6 hours ahead. Yes, I actually set my alarm and got out of bed to participate in the chat.

Unfortunately for me, I wasn't the winner. I want to shout out huge congratulations to Laverne Clark, though. She was last night's lucky winner and her story, Guardian of the Jewel will kick off this great series. It will debut in November and I'll have more info about that as it comes.

Now, for those of you who write. Are you interested in becoming a Jewel of the Night? Submissions for this series is still open. The stories have to be highly suspenseful and feature a blue diamond. Word count can be anywhere between 7500 and 65,000.

Currently there are 12 titles in the series. I would love to see yours added to the bunch. What do you say? Wanna give it a whirl?

4 comments:

LaVerne Clark said...

OMG!!! That's me!
It wasn't until reading your blog that I realised quite what I had won.
Wow! I hope my story lives up to everyone's expectations. I love the blurb of Blood Diamond - it sounds an exciting read. What a magnificent series this will be!

Gale Stanley said...

Congrats to LaVerne and all whose stories were accepted. I'm looking forward to reading them.

Calisa Rhose said...

Congratulations LaVerne! And I would love to get the series. Not necessarily get in on it though because my suspense isn't so strong...yet. One day I would like to write one though. Thanks for losing sleep to be able to tell us the winner Riley!

Cherie Le Clare said...

Guten Tag Riley,

Fabulous news about LaVerne's win - I encouraged her to enter and am absolutely thrilled for her success!

Cherie Le Clare.
Author: French Kiss.

Post a Comment