Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Touch of Celtic

Well, it appears my friend, Shelly, received her birthday gift. That means I can share here now.

I think I've spoken before about some of the crafting I do when I can find the time. My grandma taught me to crochet when I was young, maybe 8? Anyway, I've been doing it for a long time now. It's relaxing to me and a good way to keep the hands busy while watching TV with hubby rather than snacking.

So in January I started an afghan for Shelly's birthday. She likes all things Celtic and I found this pattern that had that kind of feel to it. Unfortunately, it took longer than I'd anticipated. Her birthday is in February. She just got it this week. She's very patient. I hope the wait was worth it.


My next project is almost halfway finished. I found this shawl pattern in a magazine and then found some great yarn at a German yarn store. It is so soft and the color is a light purple with a silvery shimmer. I'm making it to wear over my sleeveless black dress that I'll be sporting at the award ceremony at national conference. Hopefully I'll be posting a picture soon.

Tomorrow is my midterm exam for my Intro to Religion class so it's off to study for me. Hope you all have a great day!

5 comments:

Suzanne Johnson said...

That is so gorgeous! Never seen one like that. I do quilting (or I used to before writing took over my life--LOL), and have seen some quilted celtic knots and crosses but never have seen one done with crochet. Lucky Shelly!

Gale Stanley said...

The afghan is beautiful. My mother used to crochet. I have many lovely afghans to snuggle under and they remind me of her. And many, many pairs of slipper socks - she used to knit also. Homemade crafts are so very much appreciated.

Maeve Greyson said...

How beautiful and a gift made with loving hands is the best gift of all. She's lucky to have such a friend.

misskallie2000 said...

WOW!! That is a gorgeous rug. I do crochet but not in yrs so I know what labor went into the beautiful rug. Great job..

Autumn Shelley said...

You all have no idea how PERFECT this gift was! It suits me to a 'T'. The colors are wonderful and the pattern is amazing. It is currently draped over my couch so it is the first thing I see when I walk in the door. I'm truly fortunate to have such a wonderful, talented friend!!

Post a Comment