Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Dreams


Everyone dreams, so I've read. Even if we don't always remember them. Unfortunately for me, I'm one that doesn't usually remember after I wake up. Usually.

This morning when I woke, parts of a dream floated through my brain as since I don't remember most times, I held on to the bits as strong as I could, even though I had no idea why I would dream this.

I live in Germany, as most of you know. While hubby isn't military anymore, he does work for the military and we have all rights and privileges to post as military as long as we are overseas. When we go to post, we have to stop at the gate and show our ID card. The guard scans it and makes sure the info matches and then lets us through. Occasionally, we'll have to go to secondary inspection, which requires us to get out of the car, open the trunk, etc. No big deal.

So in my dream, I'm chosen for this secondary inspection while trying to get on post. The guards examine my vehicle and tell me that because it is an American spec car brought over from the States, the radio isn't the right one. I'll have to get a German radio to replace mine or I can't drive the car. I wake as I'm telling my husband this.

Weird, huh? I spent a lot of time trying to figure out dreams and interpret the symbols way back when. I'm intrigued, but don't have time this morning to do much if I'm going to get any work done on OOTS before heading to the part time job. If I figure anything out, I'll let you know.

How about you? Had any strange dreams lately? Do you remember most of your dreams? Ever tried to figure out what they meant?

8 comments:

Tammy said...

I have very strange dreams. I'll spend days trying to find the meaning to them. I also get my book ideas from my dreams. The story starts in my dream and continues on paper after I wake up.

Good luck looking for the meaning behind your dream. :)

Gale Stanley said...

I never seem to remember my dreams but I do wake up with plot lines running thro my head I keep a pad and pen on the night table. Must be dreaming about my characters and it sticks in my subconcious.

Clark Stone said...

I remember parts of most dreams. If you start writing them down, you can start to remember more of the dream as time goes on.

In the past, I would write the dream as soon as I get up. At first, it would take me 15 minutes to write down what I remembered about the dream. But within a couple weeks, I found myself taking up to two hours to write down the dream every day.

The fun thing is that there are times that I know that I am in a dream. This is called 'lucid dreams.' When one can start controlling what goes on in the dream, one can have so much fun.

Dennis Clarkston
AKA Clark Stone

Debra St. John said...

Some dreams are more vivid than others. I used to keep a dream journal just for fun. It was interesting to see recurring themes. I could sometimes tell what was on my mind for weeks at a time!

Some of the best books out there have started as dreams...something to keep in mind!

Rachel Lynne said...

I rarely remember dreams but I did wake up two mornings in a row last month with strange dreams running through my head. Can't remember them now, of course, but I do remember trying to figure out what they meant. Usually a dream is something you've experienced or watched on TV during the day before you have the dream. I can sometimes tell what I've been watching or listening to is the cause of a strange dream but most times they make no sense!

shawn said...

A lot of my dreams are lucid dreams. I control everything that happens. The ones I can't control are just plain weird. I once dreamed that my co-workers and I(we're all nurses)were part of a black-ops team and were breaking into a safe. Last year I dreamed about astral-projection. My current wip in based an it.

Nancy Lee Badger said...

I love the ocean and grew up on the north shore of Long Island, NY. Robert Moses State Park and the Fire Island beaches were less than 30 min. south. Big waves, sand castles, and lifeguards. Yum! Still, I always worried about tsunamis. Tidal waves keep making the news. The other night I had a dream about an earthquake and tsunami. My husband and I were walking along the beach of Nags Head on the Outer Banks of North Carolina. We knew enough to run to the top floor of the beach house we rented. A wave came and we were okay. A bigger second wave came and broke over the house. I woke, worried an even bigger wave was on the way. Since hubby and I leave soon for three days at the beach--THE 1 IN MY DREAMS-I am less than thrilled. Any words of comfort Riley?

Heather said...

Unfortunately, I tend to have vivid, active dreams so usually remember all or part of a dream when I wake up, but - depending on how active they are - they can also make me feel more tired than when I went to bed. I try to write them down and interpret what I can.

Post a Comment