Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Everlong

I’ve mentioned my critique partners before and as I said then, they are worth their weight in gold. One of my critique partners is Hailey Edwards. She’s multi-published with two books through Liquid Silver Books that you can find here. Her first release with Samhain Publishing debuts today. I had the pleasure of beta reading this book for her and let me tell you, once I started reading, I couldn’t put it down. The world building is fantastic and the suspense and emotion through the story will hold you spellbound. It’s an incredible read and I highly recommend it. Check it out below.



The most damaged heart can fly with the right pair of wings.

Madelyn’s life is far from fairytale perfect. She is second in line for the throne of a corrupt, brutal monarchy. Or at least she was until her dark guardian sacrificed his life to hide her safely in a realm of infinite possibilities.

For years she’s lived among a colony of escaped slaves as her guardian’s widow. Even in this simple life, though, nothing is as it seems. Her hero kept a secret—a younger brother named Clayton Delaney. Warrior, winged demon…and the man who now wants to lay claim to her heart. No longer cast in his brother’s shadow, Clayton meets all obstacles head on, including one named Maddie. His infatuation with her reaches the breaking point when she undergoes a royal rite of passage, going into heat and pushing them both over the edge.

Just as Maddie learns that some risks are worth taking, she discovers that her guardian may be alive. And she’s forced to make a choice between the man she’d thought she loved, and the demon willing to lend her his wings.

Warning: This book contains virginal angst, a hero who’s too nice for his own good, wings, claws, and convenient use of glamour. It contains heartbreaking loss, conversation with a woodland creature, and sweet, sweet demon loving.

Photobucket

Click here for an excerpt.

Click here to purchase.

Sounds great, doesn’t it? I’d love to hear your thoughts after reading it. In fact, I'm giving a copy away free to one lucky commenter. The winner will be announced in tomorrow's post.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I already have Everlong but since I love Hailey's books, I have to say that I know I'm going to love this one too. I've read snippets here and there on her blog and forum so I'm really excited to get the whole story.

Gale Stanley said...

Sounds great! How do I enter the contest?

Rachel Lynne said...

Sounds interesting, I'll have to check it out!

Riley Quinn said...

The book is wonderful, Debbie. You will love it for sure.

Gale, you entered by commenting.

I don't think you'll be disappointed, Rach.

Nancy Lee Badger said...

Wow! The cover is an amazing fit to the excerpt. I also love the 'two brothers' bit. Wings and claws, too? Sounds like a good read. Wishing her good luck!

Post a Comment