Monday, July 12, 2010

The Party’s Over


The World Cup is over for 4 more years. Germany made a respectable showing by beating Uruguay for third place. I had hoped The Netherlands would have won it, but alas, Spain took the Cup.

As I've mentioned before, I never really followed soccer. I had to ask my husband why the neighbors cheered when the ball went out of bounds. If we end up staying here in Germany, I'll definitely have to bone up on the soccer. It's a national pastime here.

Yes, I mentioned IF we stay here. As some of you may know, hubby is a government contractor here. His contract is up in November and his company elected to not rebid the follow-on contract. That kind of leaves us up in the air.

We have options, but it's the uncertainty that is a bummer. Hopefully we'll know something by the end of the month.

On a positive note, I will be flying out next Wednesday to head back to the States. I'll be flying in to Ohio to spend some time with the fam before heading down to Orlando for the RWA national conference. I'm really looking forward to the trip, and I'll have to remain focused. I will be taking the week of conference off from writing, but I need to keep going during the rest of my vacation. I may take that time to plot out an idea that's been brewing lately.

So what did you do this weekend? How do you feel about Spain winning the World Cup? Do you care? LOL

0 comments:

Post a Comment