Monday, January 24, 2011

Conference Bound

Registration opened up this past week for the RWA National conference. This year it’s in New York City.

I jumped in on Tuesday, the first day for registration. I’d heard a rumor that there was a limited amount of rooms at the conference hotel so I hurriedly snatched one of those up too. Didn’t matter that I had no idea who I would room with.

Turns out, I didn’t have to worry for long. I reached out and contacted a lovely lady I met at conference last year. We clicked there and ran into each other several times. We’ve kept in touch since and I thought of her when I wanted to find a roomie. Lucky for me, she’s attending conference so the roommate situation is cleared up.

That leaves me with a plane ticket to buy. I’ll hold off on that for a little while. I’m hoping to accrue enough airline miles to upgrade again this year. That long flight over the water can be brutal, but business class goes a long way towards making it bearable.

I made RWA PRO last year so I’m eligible to attend the PRO retreat. I learned the secret handshake and everything. Last year they had Donald Maass, as well as some other great speakers. I’m sure this year’s line up will be just as awesome.

I’ve never been to NYC so I’m arriving a couple days early so that I can see some sights. Maybe even fit in a show. I know I won’t be able to see everything, but I can hit a few landmarks.

On a side note, I may be bringing a companion back to Germany with me when I come back home. My niece, who will be 17 then, may be staying the month of July with us. It’s not all carved in stone yet, but keep your fingers crossed for us. I’m excited to have her stay with us.

What about you? Going to National conference this year? Gonna pitch? What are your plans?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm debating Nationals this year. That and RT. Not sure which one or either will get my money but I can dream.

I went to the Nationals in 2004 and was a little overwhelmed. Not sure if it was all the talk or my 3 other roommates because I never did get a nap in. Sometimes you just need a nap! :D I do wish the workshops were up on the site as that will be the deciding factor for me.

Anonymous said...

I hope to go. Been saving the pennies, so we'll see. :) it sounds like tons of fun!!

Riley Quinn said...

Jenna, I've been hearing that people are finding out whether their workshop proposals have been approved or not so hopefully the list will be up soon.

Lynn, I hope you get to go. Keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Post a Comment