Friday, December 31, 2010

Happy New Year

Here we are, folks. The last day of the year.

I have to admit, I had a pretty good year. My first two novellas came out this year with The Wild Rose Press. I’ve made some great new friends between this blog, Facebook and Twitter. I got to go RWA National Convention, I made PRO, I finished up my associate degree I’ve been working on forever, and I’m back to writing full-time. Those are just the highlights. I can’t complain.

I’m expecting next year to be even better. I’ve got a full load planned for writing, I’ve got great friends and critique partners to help keep me on track, I’ll be starting my bachelor degree, and I’ll be pursuing an agent this year. I’m excited to get started.

I'll be spending the evening with wonderful friends, playing games and having fun. Tomorrow is family day and Sunday I'll be winging my way back to Germany to brave the snow.

How has 2010 treated you? What are your highlights? What have you got planned for 2011?

Have fun celebrating, but stay safe.

Happy New Year!

5 comments:

Gale Stanley said...

Hi Riley. I feel really blessed this year - for family, friends, health and being able to do something I love. I had 3 books released. Another coming Jan. 8 and then Feb and March. Happy New Year! Have a safe trip back and we'll chat next year.

LaVerne Clark said...

Hi Riley,

2010 has been a fantastic year for you and I know you will achieve everything you set out to do in 2011.

2010 was a goodie for me too. My very first novella was published, taking me on a new and exhilirating journey into the writing world. Its amazing the freedom its given me in my work now that its been validated that I CAN write and I'm not hopeless : ) Those crippling doubts are now specks in the rearvision mirror!

2011 is for keeping the momentum going and to enjoy the friendships I've made in the writing community - and to keep a good balance between quality writing/family time.

Happy New Year to all, and I look forward to all the future success stories and more!

Ilona Fridl said...

Hi, Riley!

Just finished my edits on the third book in my Dangerous Times series. I'm pumped! Bring it on 2011!

Anonymous said...

2010 was an adventurous year! I'm looking forward to a great 2011.

Rachel Lynne said...

Girl, you are superwoman! I knew about all the great things you've done this past year but seeing them in writing really shows how successful you've been. Send some of that determination my way, I'm hopeless at keeping my feet to the fire!
Oh, my landlord in Germany sent us a German calendar, LOL, it's all in German so we just admire the pictures :)!
Stay warm!!
Rach

Post a Comment